Sunday, July 13, 2008

Stars - Your Ex-Lover is Dead (Owen Pallett / Final Fantasy)

Edit: I'm hosting this tab as a file and a few of my other sheets on my new site.

I've had this one in my head for a while (not fully) so I took the time to transcribe it. This is the Owen Pallett (formerly Final Fantasy) remix of the Your Ex-Lover is Dead that's off the interesting but strange Do You Trust Your Friends. What strikes me about this song is how easily Pallet makes the transition to pop music composition. It's a beautiful reworking of an already beautiful piece and also makes for good stand-alone piano.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been looking everywhere for sheet music for this song. Thank you so much!! I love this song, and especially this version...it's just so beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Dudeeeeeeeeee, seriously. I thought I'd never see this. This is the greatest. Thanks so much. This is awesome. :)

Anonymous said...

It's totally awesome that you guys (and hopefully others) like this song as much as I do. Thanks for the comments!

Anonymous said...

You're the best! I've also been searching for these keys yo. Thanks a bunch

Anonymous said...

THANK YOUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuu

Anonymous said...

I've been trying to teach myself this song off of YouTube videos and have been failing miserably. Thank you so much for posting the sheet music, now I can finally learn this song!

Anonymous said...

FINALLY. I've been looking for this for months! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

omg. after so long!! to think that google image search would beat every piano sheet site i know... You have made my life complete :)

Anonymous said...

YES. Thank you SOOOO much. I think I love you.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy you transcribed this. Thank you so much. I'm off to go play it. Woo hoo!

Victoria Griggio said...

you ARE great!!

leela said...

get your ex back
How to get your ex back? In life you will find likely to be complicated situations, that's lifestyle, examine our simple guidelines and learn to get your associate back rapid!