Friday, September 5, 2008

Chairlift - Bruises

Because I'm seeing Chairlift live for my first time tonight, I've been playing Does You Inspire You whenever I'm at my computer. The album hooked me in right away (probably because I've been a fan of Planet Health for a few months now), and I've found Bruises to be my favorite so far.

It seems so silly and simple at first with it's casio-like drum track and bouncing bass line. Then a soft, reverberated chord set fills the background without any sort of attack. Even the lyrics appear goofy, but nothing is juxtaposed. The hint of sadness in the melody seems to want to add some gravity to the song that wouldn't be there otherwise. As I listen, I can't get myself to think that this is anything more than a lighthearted breakup song, but you can tell that it wants to be. From chorus to verse the song leans back and forth trying to decide how important it really is, and by the end it's hit a sweet spot.

1 comment:

gabriellolabine said...

MGM Resorts to spend $2.7B on slot machines in Connecticut
MGM 공주 출장마사지 Resorts Ltd. plans to spend $2.7 billion this fall on slot 천안 출장샵 machines 경산 출장안마 in Connecticut, including new 의왕 출장샵 slot machines. 제주도 출장마사지