Saturday, October 11, 2008

Jenny Lewis - Acid Tongue

I'm not sure why I missed this song. I adored her debut more than I cared to admit at the time, but I guess the Rilo Kiley fame shook her from my radar.

At any rate, seeing her perform on Late Night got me officially addicted to Acid Tongue (the song and the album). Lewis does we she does best in this piece -- emphasizes her lush voice with simple, standard open chords. Still, it's a little different this time around. The choral harmony (or indie collective as my friend put it) adds more than the Watson Twins did in the past, and though she's once again talking about the futility and childishness of the pursuit of happiness, there's something extremely uplifting about it all.

Maybe it's their choral take of the inverted minor 2nd.


via pinkrudy

No comments: